This 06. February 2013 show was broadcast from the Sunshine State Studio on the No Agenda Stream with special guest Vinay Multini, calling in over 9,000 miles away from Hyderabad, India.
I first met Vinay a few months ago in Tampa, Florida, where we connected over our mutual passions for cultural analysis, media assassination, and Austrian women (total coincidence).
Vinay left India back in 2002 to study and work in the United States and he hasn’t been back to his home country until now.
That being so, he shared his experiences and insights and reflected on how far the most populous nation in the world has come since.
Keeping to the “Indian Son” theme, Vinay explained the main cultural differences between the West and India, we touched on the caste system, cultural taboos, how economic growth is affecting the cities, and some of the recent clashes between one filmaker and local film censor boards.
GROWTH AND REFORM
- IMF forecasts 4.5% growth for India; to lose second fastest-growing economy tag economictimes.indiatimes.com
- India Inflation Slows to 3-Year Low online.wsj.com
- Hyderabad, India en.wikipedia.org
- Rahul Gandhi makes a move at last. His path to power may be helped by in-fighting among the opposition economist.com
- Rahul Gandhi en.wikipedia.org
- Congress should address basic problems first: Rahul Gandhi in.news.yahoo.com
- Man held for Facebook posts on PM, Sibal and Mulayam India. in.news.yahoo.com
- Row erupts in India over free speech curbs ft.com
- Delhi gang-rape accused divided phones and cash from victims, say prosecutors. guardian.co.uk
LINKS TO FOLLOW
LINKS TO FOLLOW
- Linkblog: linkblog.yael.es
- Twitter: @YaelOss
- FreeYaël: FreeYaël.com
- Liberty In Exile: LibertyInExile.com